Friday, July 29, 2011

It Is Important to Serve

Grandpa taught me that it is important to serve God.  When I was a little girl, my grandparents went on two separate missions.  One to Seattle, Washington and one to London, England.  While they were gone, they missed the things going on at home ... births, baptisms, holidays, birthdays ... and I missed them!

I missed walking next door to their house and playing with the box of wooden blocks on their living room floor.  I missed Grandpa handing me a lollipop, or Grandma slipping me a cookie from the strawberry cookie jar.  I missed Grandma singing and Grandpa's hugs.

I knew they missed me too, but I also knew the reason they were gone.  They went on those missions because they understood the importance of serving.  They knew that we need to love and serve our brothers and sisters here on this earth.  And they knew that as we serve each other, we are truly serving God.

1 comment:

Leslie L said...

Love these Grandpa posts! :)